DeadEd.com
IRC Bots, Java Game Query and Control Libraries, and More ...
Login
Welcome to DeadEd.com
Monday, September 25 2017 @ 01:08 AM CDT

Forum Index > DeadEd.com > IRC Bots
 Help with running AnnounceCaster 1.3 from a Shell Account
 |  Printable Version
By: DeadEd (offline) on Tuesday, March 30 2010 @ 03:02 PM CDT  
DeadEd

Actually, I am thinking of changing this so that commands and their output work per channel - which would make all relays equal to the bot in this sense.

I really cannot think of any other reason for the current behaviour than wanting to get people into the main channel - but even then, the way the relays relay all output doesn't make sense.  So, time for a change Razz I'll change the way the commands work for a beta 3 release (probably tomorrow).

Just finished first IceCast support, there is a beta 2 available (if anyone was interested in that and reading this Razz).  Will post here when it's available.

Forum Moderator

Profile Email Website  

By: MADcHATTER1 (offline) on Tuesday, March 30 2010 @ 03:08 PM CDT  
MADcHATTER1

Hey Deaded

That would be fabulous! We're more interested in people tuning in than getting them into the chatroom. We can get people to put the bot in their chans, then work a request system for the station in. Listeners are more important for us. We're trying to rebuild iWebRadio back up!

Thanks again!

MADcHATTER

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: DeadEd (offline) on Friday, April 02 2010 @ 12:31 PM CDT  
DeadEd

Hi

Just thought that I'd let you know that something is happening ... I have had to redo a decent amount of the internals, and also noticed that a couple of the commands just were not implemented at all Razz  Will just take a little bit longer - plus it being holidays as well now Wink

If you have any other suggestions for improvements or feature requests, now is a good time to ask Smile

Forum Moderator

Profile Email Website  

By: MADcHATTER1 (offline) on Friday, April 02 2010 @ 12:52 PM CDT  
MADcHATTER1

I see that.

I was curious if there was a way to add a custom command not in the list? For example, a !seen command. Many of the chatters want one so they can check when someone was last in the room or online. I use on in my mIRC. Is there a way to add that to the bot? Its not a major thing, but I was curious!

Thank you

MADcHATTER

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: DeadEd (offline) on Tuesday, April 06 2010 @ 12:13 AM CDT  
DeadEd

There isn't an easy way to be able to do things like that to this bot.

One thing I have thought about before is changing AnnounceCaster to a PPF plugin, but that requires a little more thinking on how to go about that - which is probably a lot easier now if I drop the idea of a single-channel-hub.  That way, you could also use any of the other plugins, at least from the "main" (non-relay) channels

I am having some troubles when switching the way the current version works so a little more head scratching than expected is going on Problem

Forum Moderator

Profile Email Website  

By: MADcHATTER1 (offline) on Tuesday, April 06 2010 @ 10:03 AM CDT  
MADcHATTER1

HI DeadEd

Sounds like an interesting idea. A Pircbot Plugin Framework might allow for more functionality and custom plugins could be alot easier to manage. But as you said, its a head scratcher. I stopped doing scripting so long ago...i'm rushing to catch up now! 

Well for now I just decreased the # of relay bots from 10 to 5 and am running a bot for each room. I'll just let anyone who wants one in their room know about the limited function.

Thanks again!

MADcHATTER

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: DeadEd (offline) on Monday, April 12 2010 @ 10:43 AM CDT  
DeadEd

Finally! Big Grin

http://deaded.com/betas/AnnounceCaster-3.0-b3/

There is still the hub concept, but the relays will respond to commands themselves.  Admins can manage the bot system through either the hub or relays now too.

All of the admin commands work, once again, through all bots.

Have a play with this and let me know if I have missed anything else obvious Wink

Forum Moderator

Profile Email Website  

All times are CDT. The time is now 01:08 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

My Account

Lost your password?