DeadEd.com
IRC Bots, Java Game Query and Control Libraries, and More ...
Login
Welcome to DeadEd.com
Monday, September 25 2017 @ 01:17 AM CDT

Forum Index > Jibble.org > Other Jibble
 jBouncer not doing its job
 |  Printable Version
By: noob (offline) on Thursday, November 29 2007 @ 07:43 AM CST (Read 6484 times)  
noob

I have logged my IRC jBouncer Test Session and jBouncer didn't do its job. It shows my ip address and tells I am using jbouncer@jbouncer. I ran jbouncer on desktop and connected to the irc client via this local jbouncer. I did the following inside the irc client. /server localhost /msg root test password /msg root create freenode irc.freenode.net /disconnect /server localhost /msg root test password /msg root connect freenode /join #***** My logs of IRC Client for a channel are showing my IP and informing about me using JBouncer. Also, first I joined the group then I disconnected irc client from jbouncer. After short while I reconnected to the jbouncer. IRC Client log shows testing has joined the second time. Should this not happen because of JBouncer, where session is kept by jbouncer, but irc client can login and log out. What would the other people logged into group, #****, would see on their irc screen? Would it be same as what's in my IRC Client log of that channel? If this is the case, then JBouncer is not doing its job. Here is the log from I irc client: *** Opened channel log for #******** at *********** [16:24] *** testing (n=JBouncer@my_IP_STUFF) has joined #**** [16:30] *** testing (jbouncer@jbouncer) has joined #**** My JBouncer log: C:\Documents and Settings\test\Desktop\JBouncer-1.0>java -classpath .;lib/pircbot. jar org.jibble.jbouncer.JBouncerMain [******** 2007] The message history limit for each session is 100 0 [******** 2007] Logging activated. [******** 2007] Created bouncer for test [******** 2007] *** JBouncer ready to accept connections on port 6667 [******** 2007] Connection received from localhost [******** 2007] test logged in successfully from localhost [******** 2007] test initiated new connection to irc.freenode.ne t [******** 2007] test attached to session on irc.freenode.net [******** 2007] test is now using 1 sessions. [******** 2007] test is now connected to 1 servers. [******** 2007] test detached from session on irc.freenode.net [******** 2007] Connection received from localhost [******** 2007] Failed login attempt from localhost (connect/free node) [******** 2007] test logged in successfully from localhost [******** 2007] test attached to session on irc.freenode.net [******** 2007] test is now using 1 sessions. [******** 2007] test detached from session on irc.freenode.net [******** 2007] Connection received from localhost [******** 2007] test logged in successfully from localhost [******** 2007] test attached to session on irc.freenode.net [******** 2007] test is now using 1 sessions. [******** 2007] test detached from session on irc.freenode.net Also, If I shutdown the jbouncer running locally on my machine then it won't perserve the already opened sessions? jBouncer have to run continuously without shutting down the computer, if you want to get the irc messages from the channel? What if you run jBouncer continuously but unplug the internet connections? What can I do to fix this?

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: jibbler (offline) on Thursday, November 29 2007 @ 01:53 PM CST  
jibbler

Quote by: noob

Also, If I shutdown the jbouncer running locally on my machine then it won't perserve the already opened sessions? jBouncer have to run continuously without shutting down the computer, if you want to get the irc messages from the channel? What if you run jBouncer continuously but unplug the internet connections?

JBouncer is intended to be run constantly on a server. If it gets disconnected, it tries to reconnect, I think. It's not really designed to be run from a desktop and shut down lots.

Forum Moderator

Profile Email    

All times are CDT. The time is now 01:17 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

My Account

Lost your password?