DeadEd.com
IRC Bots, Java Game Query and Control Libraries, and More ...
Login
Welcome to DeadEd.com
Monday, September 25 2017 @ 01:19 AM CDT

Forum Index > Jibble.org > Other Jibble
 pattern matching
 |  Printable Version
By: paddan (offline) on Friday, February 16 2007 @ 04:35 AM CST (Read 2758 times)  
paddan

Hello! I've played with JMegahal and its great fun Big Grin . However, i have noticed something. Consider this sentence template: .... [word1] [word2] .... . ( [word2] is coming instantly after [word1] ) JMegahal hits right if i want to search for [word1] or [word2] on their own turn. But if i want to look for the sequence [word1] [word2], then i don't get the result right way. However after 5 or 6 attempts, i get the sequence by JMegahal. Has anybody experienced such thing? One more thing: I get a feeling that JMegahal works much better with short concise sentences than long complicated ones. Is this statement true? I have thought about puting a pattern-matcher function in JMegahal.java for these kind of sequences. Does that hurt the result? I mean then i have to choose which function to choose.. the quad or the correct match-finder. thanks for your thoughts/suggestions, paddan

Forum Newbie

Profile Email    

By: DeadEd (offline) on Saturday, February 17 2007 @ 03:23 AM CST  
DeadEd

Hi JMegaHal is not the brightest of AI's but certainly fun to play with. Smaller sentences do help as then there is less chance of being joined with other words, but then again that is maybe not as much fun Razz I've not had problems when it looks for "word1 word2". Some possibly relevant links for you: http://www.deaded.com/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=5&showtopic=29 has some ideas on making the responses more relevant. This is a simple implementation of those ideas: http://ppf.cvs.sourceforge.net/ppf/JMegaHalAI/src/net/sourceforge/ppf/plugin/jmegahalai/JMegaHalAIPlugin.java?view=markup

Forum Moderator

Profile Email Website  

All times are CDT. The time is now 01:19 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
Filtered HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

My Account

Lost your password?